Nov 4, 2010

National Adoption Week - Thursday

In honor of National Adoption Awareness Month (US) and National Adoption Week (UK + me), I am celebrating. On Monday, I celebrated adoptive parents. On Tuesday, I celebrated birthmothers. On Wednesday, I celebrated adoptees.

Today I celebrate facilitators of adoption.

Adoption agencies - there are actually a LOT of them out there, specializing in domestic or international adoption, infants or older children. Such variety! We have been working with Covenant Care Services, and we particularly appreciate the way they minister to birthmothers before AND AFTER a baby's birth. Orphan care ministries & foster parents meet the physical needs of so many children as they wait for a family.

Case workers - these women (and men!) bring families together by working with children, government agencies (domestic & international), attorneys, adoptive families, foster parents, birth parents, medical personnel, financial supporters, and so much more! Without their services, it would be ever so difficult for adoptive families to come together. THANK YOU!!

Fund raisers - Some people are have the spiritual gift of GIVING. They are able to bless others financially and encourage friends to give too. Whether you give publicly or anonymously, to individual families or to an agency, your help is so appreciated. Organizations that provide grants & loans to adoptive families are an important part of this category as well, in my opinion. Thank you for your generosity.

Perhaps God has not called you to adopt children into your family. If that is the case, please consider what you might be able to do to be a financial blessing to an orphan care ministry or to someone who is seeking to obey the call to adopt. God might be calling you to meet a financial need so He can USE YOU to answer their prayers.

Speaking of prayers, ALL of these facilitators of adoption benefit from our prayers, and for all of them, I am thankful.

If you are a facilitator of adoption, or if you would like to brag about a case worker or benefactor, please comment. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Great posts on adoption week (I'm just reading them now...yeah, yeah, I know!)

    I honestly never thought of adoption much until I watched friends adopt and now you. I pray often for your journey down this adoption road and am excited for when the Lord chooses to bless you with a gift of a child.

    We love you! Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete