In January, my mom came to visit, and I showed her our nursery room and told her about the ways I wanted to change the furniture. She helped me move things around, and now it's much more open and looking like a little Baby Latona should be coming home to sleep there. It's not 100% bring the baby home now perfect, but I definitely like it better. We still need to empty the closet of David's books & papers, then there will be room for baby's things (most of which we will acquire after s/he comes anyway, since we MIGHT not necessarily get a newborn.

So my new habit is that when I walk by that room, every day or so, I go in and put my hands on or in the crib and pray out loud for Baby Latona, for the birthmother that is carrying him/her, and for the agency & caseworkers that have come alongside us. I also pray that God will work in us to prepare us to be the parents He wants us to be. I declare my trust in His will and His timing (it helps to solidify that trust when I say it out loud).
Sometimes it is hard. I go in the room, hug that soft teddy bear, and touch some of the things that will belong to Baby Latona. That makes me feel better, but I know that lifting it all up to GOD is the best and most effective thing I can do in our situation. One day, hopefully soon, He will bring us together.
For the benefit of those who wonder about these things, the crib and dust ruffle were given to us thanks to our friend Shelly McPhaul who knew that the crib needed a home and that I needed a crib. The teddy bear was given to me by David years ago. The blue flowery pillow was made by my grandmother, who has passed away. The alphabet sampler was made by my mom and used to hang in my classroom when I was teaching elementary school. The knitted blanket and hat are from Cindy Burns, a friend from church who also does a lovely job fixing my MIL's hair every week. The outfit that says "Too cute for words" is from my sister and was worn by her children. The mattress & sheet were purchased at Target & ToysRUs, respectively, by yours truly.
P.S. - Mel, I *THINK* you gave me that outfit... correct me if I'm wrong. :-)
our hearts ache too sometimes when we think about the time period - but we know that God's clock and ours is VERY different :). We cant' wait to meet the newest member of your family and are praying for SOOOOOOOON!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, I believe we did give you that outfit. We have another gift to bless that little baby with and CANNOT WAIT until he/she comes! Thank you for posting this, sister. I'm so glad to see this picture and will be PRAYING PRAYING PRAYING with you. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteI know some days are harder than others. What a great thing to do, to pray in your baby's room for baby and birthmom as you wait for him/her. I'm still praying for and remembering you!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful that you have turned this time into a place of prayer. So many allow bitterness and anxiousness to rule them but you are so dear and sweet to continually give your heart to the Lord. That speaks volumes! You are going to be a GREAT mom!
ReplyDelete