In honor of National Adoption Week, I am celebrating.
Today I celebrate my friends who have added members to their family through the gift of adoption. I am particularly happy for (1) my friends whose son joined their family within the past two weeks, (2) friends whose son entered their family just over 2 months ago, (3) and friends who will be traveling to get their son from China within the next 2 months.
We are still waiting for word on our own child(ren) who will join our home through adoption. However, we wait with HOPE.
During our adoption journey, I have met many parents with children who were born into their families in LOVE, not through their biological bodies. I can think of 6 such familes, just in my church, and there are so many more colleagues, aquaintances, friends, and even strangers that have shared their stories with me and offered encouragement. I celebrate all of you today!!
If you don't mind sharing in comments, I (and other readers) would love for you to share something special about your children and their "gotcha day".
n.b. I heard on the radio this morning that it was National Adoption Week. Evidently this is true in the UK. In the US, November is Adoption Awareness Month, and National Adoption Day is on November 20. I shall celebrate this week nonetheless!
No comments:
Post a Comment