Jul 7, 2010

Nursery update

The nursery now has a crib! It's a 2001 model, mission style. I did some research and found there was a safety recall related to the drop-side. I was able to order some latches to fix the problem, so now baby has a safe and comfy crib, which is also sporting casters and a new mattress. We had fun putting it together... together!

This crib was GIVEN to us through a dear friend. THANK YOU SHELLY!! The lady who gave it to me also included a dust ruffle and bumper. The bumper is a deep red/yellow-gold plaid, and the bumper has a pale blue background with animals playing various musical instruments! SO cute, and appropriate considering the musical nature of the baby's adoptive mama, in my opinion.

Artwork is also being framed for baby's nursery. So far the color scheme is deep primary colors (yellow-gold, gator blue, and red [not to be confused with garnet]). I am playing it safe and trying to keep it neutral, with regard to the baby's gender AND to colleges to whom we are loyal.

Unfortunately, the nursery is still full of bookcases (5 of them...). I am still looking for a carpenter or handyman who can build a single shelf high on the wall around the perimeter of the guest-room/office so we can store at least one bookcase worth of books OFF of the floor! If you know someone who is up for the job, DO tell me. Book relocation will be a chore, when the time comes, but I don't want to do that part until we can get this shelf-thing OUT of my brain and UP ON THE WALL.

2 comments:

  1. Post pictures, please!! It sounds like it's going to be a perfect room for a baby..

    ReplyDelete