One of the parents' boxes I sorted was full of music books; there were "E-Z Play Today" keyboard/organ books (yuck!), along with some other books and sheet music that I did not want to add to my library. I actually threw away a lot of stuff in that box because it was illegally photocopied. Anyway, I digress. I arranged the music books in a box for yard sale customers to flip through, and I added some of my own piano books to it, since I haven't ever used them, and I need the room on my shelf.
Our yard sale was very successful; we sold blankets & towels, old bowling balls, spare light bulbs, kitchen gadgets, computer peripherals, even a broken chair. It felt good to sell so much stuff and make a little cash. We still didn't have quite enough room to park the car in there, so I took a bunch of our leftover stuff and donated to a yard sale at the retirement community where David's parents live. They have never been into yard sale shopping, and with their memory loss issues, I took a chance that if they DID go and look, they might not recognize some of their old stuff.
I was really busy the weekend of the community sale, and I did not go to it. Mom Latona called me that afternoon, and she was VERY excited because she had bought 3 books with some "WONDERFUL" music for me to play on the piano for her and Dad. Wouldn't you know, two of them were "E-Z Play" books that we had tried unsuccessfully to sell: "The Lawrence Welk Songbook" and "Songs of the Thirties". I'll give her credit; the third book was NOT originally her property... Of course, she asked me to keep the books at my house for her. For me, this classifies the books as "bad penny" books - they just keep turning up!

I have heard that there is ANOTHER collection of music books, leftover from the yard sale I presume, that they would like me to look at, because one of the neighbors knows I teach piano, and he thought that *I* could probably USE some of them. Every time we bring Mom and Dad over she says, "Oh, I forgot to bring you those books!" I'm suspicious that it may be the same method books that I cleared from my shelf just a few weeks ago. [sigh] On the bright side, though, I asked Mom if she saw any stuff of hers & Dad's at the yard sale, and she said she saw a pillow and a blanket. I said, "That's all?", and she said, "That's all." Well, there was a WHOLE lot more of their stuff in that sale; I'm glad they didn't buy any more of it back!
No comments:
Post a Comment