Well, it's been about two months since our final home study visit, and we are securely in the "waiting" phase of adoption. It has been a busy time, though.
My MIL has had some urinary infections; the most recent one was a kidney infection that kept her in the hospital one night. There are still more tests to be done with regard to that situation. We are ALMOST done with follow-up appointments from the carotid artery stent she had in March. My FIL has been diagnosed with Alzheimers, which really was not a surprise. For me, it's a relief to know that his forgetfulness and general state of mild confusion HAS A NAME. Even though Alzheimers is a downhill-path, we know what that path is now, and somehow that makes it a little easier. There is much to be thankful for (perhaps a separate post is appropriate for this). Today I am taking him to the DR for a 3-month check-up that was probably supposed to happen about a month ago.
I am playing the piano! I accompanied for 8 band students and about that many voice students for recitals & festivals in early May. I also accompanied a high school chorus, played a piano duet at a school fundraiser, accompanied rehearsals for a play at our local theater, and I have a gig next Friday, playing love songs for "cocktail hour" at a wedding rehearsal dinner. Practicing has been a lot of work, but it is so much fun to play.
We are preparing to travel and take my MIL to see her sister in PA. It has been five years since Mom has been up there, and she is really looking forward to the adventure. Dad has declared that he wants to go with Mom (even though he used to HATE traveling...) so there's plenty of busyness to be had with the whole TRAVEL thing.
We are preparing to host David's brothers & sister for Dad's 90th birthday. It has been years since we have all been together (the last time was at our wedding), and we are looking forward to travel plans being in place so we can talk it up with Dad that his kids are coming to see him for his birthday. If we say it enough times, he might get to enjoy the expectation of their arrival. If not, at least he'll enjoy the surprise. :-)
We are waiting and praying for our baby. With each new medical "emergency" and situation, I tell the Lord one more time that I trust HIS timing, and that I am willing to serve Him by caring for my elderly family members. He knows my heart and my desire to be a mom, and as far as our adoption goes, "He's on it!!!"
I'm praying for you! We need to plan a coffee date! Thursdays don't work for me but lets try for another time!
ReplyDeletewe always have you in our prayers my friend. Sorry to hear of dad Latona's diagnosis. Hopefully it will progress very slowly. And you're right - "He's on it!"
ReplyDeleteWarm fuzzy - at lunch today, after Dad's check-up, I asked him to pray before our meal. He thanked the Lord for "such a loving and helpful daughter-in-law". Isn't that sweet? Sometimes I fear that my in-laws think I'm bossy & nagging (and at times, I am!!), but it was really nice to hear Dad say that today.
ReplyDeleteAnd now I hope you're having a good time being a kid again at mom and dad's. Get refreshed, sister!
ReplyDelete