What a beautiful Saturday morning the Lord has given us today! I hear a bird having breakfast on the feeder on my porch, and I am so looking forward to throwing the windows open and enjoying the coolness.
I have been spending a lot of time with this computer in my lap lately - mostly reading email, reading blogs, poking around Facebook, playing games, reading stories on the "Fireproof" website & blog. Last night I was able to have "down time" another way; I actually got out my craft project and WORKED ON IT while my wonderful friend Tammy worked on her own project. It was very refreshing, and although I have a little tiny blister on my finger from dragging yarn over the same spot a zillion times, I know it was time well spent, not just because of the project I did but the conversation that accompanied it. It was so nice to have conversation that did not involve typing.
Today I resolve to put this computer down and not pick it up again until.... hmm... at least noon. No, at least 3 or 4:00. Without it holding me down on the couch, perhaps I can read my Downpour Bible study lesson, eat a healthy breakfast, clean some messy parts of my house, maybe even make pumpkin bread! My computer is a wonderful way to connect with friends and family, and it's a fun way to "relax", but I know it's eating up more of my time than it should.
Therefore, my bloggy friends, I'll have to see you later - several HOURS later. In the meantime, I'm going to try to accomplish some things. THEN I can "relax" with this box on my lap; hopefully, I will have earned it.
I so know what you mean!!!
ReplyDeleteI had a ton of fun too :) It was nice to not be sitting on the couch with the laptop burning my legs for a while :)
ReplyDelete